Tasty tomato sauce recipe
This tasty tomato sauce recipe it prepared with mince. It serves perfectly as an accompaniment to pasta or rice dishes. Tomatoes are used all over the world as a base for sauces and can be
combined with many ingredients. This recipe is made in an italian style which reminds a little at a Bolognese sauce. It is quite easy to prepare and really delicious.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: at least 60 minutes
Resting time: 0 minutes
Total time needed: at least 1 h 20 minutes
Grade of Difficulty: easy
tomato sauce recipe
- 500 g beef mince
- 1 tbs. pork lard
- 1 large finely chopped onion
- 2 cloves of garlic chopped
- 1 tbs. flower
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 250g ripe cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 70ml tomato paste
- 100ml water
- 1 tsp. beef stock
- 1 tbs. fresh chopped oregano
- ½ tsp. chili (use more if you like it spicier)
- 15ml brown balsamic vinegar
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- Heat the lard in a large pan
- Spice the mince with salt and pepper and give it into the
hot pan, stir fry the mince till it becomes crumbly, divides into smaller bite
sized pieces and starts to turn brown.
- Add the large chopped onion and mix with the mince. Turn
down heat to medium and fry for about 5 more minutes till the onions are
turning soft and golden brown.
- Add the garlic, mix it with mince and onions and stir-fry
for half a minute.
- Give the flower evenly over the contents of the pan and mix
- Next add tomato paste, beef stock, chili and water, mix all
well, cover with a lid, turn heat to low and let the sauce simmer for 15
minutes, stirring it only occasionally
- Now add the chopped tomato pieces, vinegar and sugar to the
pan and mix them with the other ingredients and cover the pan with the lid
again. Gently simmer the sauce for another 10 to 15 minutes, stirring it
- By now the sauce should have started to thicken a little.
- Turn off the heat, add the oregano mix it well and taste.
Add some more salt, pepper or chili powder to suit your personal taste.
- This tomato sauce recipe works very well as an accompaniment to Spaghetti, Ciabatta or
Easy pasta with fresh garlic and tomato sauce
Mild Durban chicken curry
Shoko - Ghanaian Beef and Spinach Stew
Learn more about tomato sauces
Questions and Suggestions about Cooking and Food
Do you have a question, or a helpful suggestion or a story to share that could benefit other cooking enthusiasts? Please feel free to share it with us!
Share your favorite recipes with the world!
Share your recipe - You got a favorite dish? Is there a recipe that your mum or your granny always cooked for you that you remember from your childhood? Share it with the world! The 20 most popular recipes of each month will be published on a dedicated page for everybody to see.