Chili Con Carne
This Carolina Reaper chili con carne is very flavorful and quite hot. If you want it even spicier, add a LITTLE more of the crushed chili to the dish. The Carolina Reaper is not only the hottest chili in the world but is as well the tastiest
pepper I have tried so far. I have been growing those super hot chilies for 2 years now and started a while ago to use the dried flakes and powder in many of my recipes. It added a fruity deep flavor to the dishes that I hadn't known from other chilies.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: at least 50 minutes
Resting time: 0 minutes
Total time needed: at least 1 H 10 minutes
Grade of Difficulty: standard
This recipe was inspired by Mhessler you can find the recipe in German language here
Chili Con Carne
- 3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 500 gram / 1.1 pounds beef mince
- 3 cloves of garlic (or to taste), finely chopped
- 1 big leek , halved lengthwise, chopped into slices, washed and drained
- 1 x 410 ml / 13.86 oz. can peeled tomatoes with juice
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1.5 tsp. salt (or to taste)
- 1/2 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 tsp. plain paprika powder
- 1 tsp. coriander seeds
- 1 tsp. cumin seeds
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp. Carolina Reaper chili powder (use an 1/8 tsp. for a mild Chili or 1/2 tsp. for a very hot one)
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into 2.5 cm / 1 inch dices
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and cut into 2.5 cm / 1 inch dices
- 4 pieces (blocks) of dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 x 410 ml / 13.86 oz can red kidney beans, liquids drained
- 1 x 410 ml / 13.86 oz can baked beans, liquids drained
- 1 x 410 ml / 13.86 oz can corn kernels, liquids drained
- 1 x 410 ml / 13.86 oz can green garden peas, liquids drained
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- Add oil to a large pot on the stove
- Turn stove to medium heat and saute the onions till they are beginning to become soft, stirring regularly
- Add mince and saute with the onion until mince is crumbling up and turning brown, stirring frequently
- Add garlic and leeks, stir well and saute all for another minute
- Add tomatoes and beef stock to quench the heat, reduce heat to low, add all the spices, partially cover the pot with a lid and let the chili gently simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally
- Add the bell peppers and chocolate pieces, stir briefly, partially cover the pot with a lid and let chili simmer for 10 minutes
- Add peas, corn kernels, baked beans and kidney beans, stir briefly, partially cover the pot with a lid and let chili simmer for another 10 minutes
- Sample the chili and if desired add more spice to suit your personal taste
- Take of the heat and serve Carolina Reaper Chili con carne hot with plain yogurt and tortillas or mini pita breads.
Mini Pita Breads
Bengali Chicken Curry
Return to the Home Page
Questions and Suggestions about Cooking and Food
Do you have a question, or a helpful suggestion or a story to share that could benefit other cooking enthusiasts? Please feel free to share it with us!
Share your favorite recipes with the world!
Share your recipe - You got a favorite dish? Is there a recipe that your mum or your granny always cooked for you that you remember from your childhood? Share it with the world! The 20 most popular recipes of each month will be published on a dedicated page for everybody to see.
New! CommentsHave your say about what you just read! Leave me a comment in the box below.