Chicken Soup Recipe
This chicken soup recipe produces a golden yellow dish full of healthy ingredients and a combination of delicious spicy flavors
Presented by C&S from LOOKINGatCOOKING
Preparation time: 25 minutes
Cooking time: 90 minutes
Resting time: 0 minutes
Total time needed: 1h55 minutes
This recipe was inspired by "Waldbeere" you can find the link to her recipe published in German here
Ingredients for this
Chicken soup recipe
- 2 large chicken breasts, (or replace with a cornish hen) cut into bite sized chunks
- 2 mediums sized onions, diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped fine
- 2 carrots, chopped into thin slices
- 5 cm / 2 inch piece of fresh ginger, sliced with skin on
- 1 cayenne chili pepper, chopped fine
- 1 tsp. turmeric
- 1 tsp. salt
- 3 cloves
- 3 bay leaves
- 200 gram / 7 oz. carrots, cut into thin slices
- 5 spring onions, chopped into rings
- 1 cup of rice or pasta rice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Maggi all purpose seasoning, (alternatively replace with a good soy sauce)
- 1/8 of a tsp. nutmeg, freshly ground
- Place the chicken into a large pot, cover with 2 liters / 0.52 gallons of water and bring to the boil.
- Add onions, 2 carrots and the Ginger to the chicken and turn down the heat till the soup is just gently boiling
- After 5 minutes add all ingredients up to the bay leaves to the soup, cover again with the lid and let the soup gently simmer for 55 minutes
- In the meantime prepare the rice and cook it in a separate pot till it is done so you can add it to the soup a little later.
- Once the soup has simmered for 55 minutes
- Add another 2 cups of boiling water, spring onions and carrots to the soup and gently boil it for another 20 minutes.
- Finally add a tbs. of Maggi, 3 tsp. hot curry powder, salt and pepper to taste as well as the freshly ground nutmeg to the soup.
- Once you are happy with the taste add the rice to the soup, cover pot with the lid switch off the plate and let it stand on the warm stove for another 5 minutes.
Take off the stove and serve hot with slices of fresh buttered bread.
Return from "chicken soup recipe to the Home page
Spicy Mexican Chicken Enchiladas
How about some
Baked Baby Leeks with a veggie combo and couscous
Try the taste of North Africa with this
Algerian Coriander Chicken
Algerian Coriander Chicken with olives and fresh herbs
Questions and Suggestions about Cooking and Food
Do you have a question, or a helpful suggestion or a story to share that could benefit other cooking enthusiasts? Please feel free to share it with us!
Share your favorite recipes with the world!
Share your recipe - You got a favorite dish? Is there a recipe that your mum or your granny always cooked for you that you remember from your childhood? Share it with the world! The 20 most popular recipes of each month will be published on a dedicated page for everybody to see.