Red Lentil Salad
This red lentil salad is combined with beetroot, vegetable stock and a few other tasty ingredients to form a delicious vegetarian main meal that is quick and easy to prepare.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Resting time: 0 minutes
Total time needed: 25 minutes
Grade of Difficulty: standard
This recipe was inspired by SessM. You can find his recipe in German language here
Red Lentil Salad
- 200 gram / 7.05 oz red lentils
- 250 gram / 8.8 oz pickled beetroot, cut into strips
- 1 bunch spring onions, chopped into rings
- 1/2 bunch parsley, roughly chopped
- 2 handful fresh coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 2 tsp. medium hot mustard
- 4 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. cumin powder
- 1 tsp. madras curry powder or other hot curry powder of your choice
- 1/2 tsp. turmeric powder
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp. plum vinegar, (optional - use white apple cider vinegar instead)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add 1 tbsp. of olive oil to a pan on the stove and switch hot plate to medium heat
- Add lentils, garlic, cumin, curry powder and turmeric to the pan and saute for 2 minutes
- Add vegetable stock and boil lentils for 8 to 10 minutes
- Remove from stove and let lentils cool down
- In the meantime add plum vinegar, mustard, salt, pepper and 3 tbsp. olive oil to a large glass bowl and combine them into a salad dressing
- Add lentils, beetroot, spring onions, coriander leaves and parsley to the bowl and mix all ingredients well with the dressing
- Serve as is or with fresh rolls / buns or white bread
Colorful chicken salad
Dark Jewel Salad (Beetroot)
Return to the Home Page
Questions and Suggestions about Cooking and Food
Do you have a question, or a helpful suggestion or a story to share that could benefit other cooking enthusiasts? Please feel free to share it with us!
Share your favorite recipes with the world!
Share your recipe - You got a favorite dish? Is there a recipe that your mum or your granny always cooked for you that you remember from your childhood? Share it with the world! The 20 most popular recipes of each month will be published on a dedicated page for everybody to see.
New! CommentsHave your say about what you just read! Leave me a comment in the box below.