Hungarian goulash and pörkölt are both from the same family of dishes that have amongst their main ingredients meat (pork,
beef or mutton are popular in different parts of the world), paprika,
onions and bell peppers. They are world famous and originated hundreds of years ago in Hungary. I am lucky to have 2 friends that grew up in Budapest who love good food and inspired me to explore the Hungarian cuisine.
This recipe was inspired by xXEnricoXx. The link to his German recipe is here
· 500 g / 1.1 pounds fresh beef goulash or stewing beef)
· 1 large onion, chopped fine
· 5 cloves of garlic, chopped fine
· 1 tbs. chopped celery
· 1 handful dried Shiitake mushrooms, halved or quartered
· 120g / 4.2 oz tomato paste
· 1 heaped tsp. beef stock
· ½ tsp. sweet mild paprika powder
· ¼ tsp. hot paprika powder
· 70g / 2.46 oz sweet fresh peppers chopped into small cubes
· A little ground black pepper
· A little oregano
· ¼ tsp. cumin/jeera powder or ½ tsp. ground cumin seeds
· Salt to taste
· Juice of half a small lemon
· Pork fat or Sunflower oil
Serve it hot with pasta or potatoes.
Share your recipe - You got a favorite dish? Is there a recipe that your mum or your granny always cooked for you that you remember from your childhood? Share it with the world! The 20 most popular recipes of each month will be published on a dedicated page for everybody to see.
Aug 20, 18 06:13 AM
I discovered this seamans salad at least a decade ago and its so long I've forgotten where the recipe came from. I've made it many times and its one of my favourite salads.
Aug 16, 18 09:30 AM
Baked Antipasti Recipe. In a meal with multiple courses, one often finds one course consisting of extremely strong flavored savory foods, salty, oily, fishy or fermented, such as cheeses, olives, smok…
Aug 08, 18 11:08 AM
This Barbecue sauce recipe is by far my best so far and it can virtually be used with any kind of meat either as marinade or as a side dish. Barbecue is a cooking method, the apparatus used, or a soci…