Hungarian goulash and pörkölt are both from the same family of dishes that have amongst their main ingredients meat (pork,
beef or mutton are popular in different parts of the world), paprika,
onions and bell peppers. They are world famous and originated hundreds of years ago in Hungary. I am lucky to have 2 friends that grew up in Budapest who love good food and inspired me to explore the Hungarian cuisine.
This recipe was inspired by xXEnricoXx. The link to his German recipe is here
· 500 g / 1.1 pounds fresh beef goulash or stewing beef)
· 1 large onion, chopped fine
· 5 cloves of garlic, chopped fine
· 1 tbs. chopped celery
· 1 handful dried Shiitake mushrooms, halved or quartered
· 120g / 4.2 oz tomato paste
· 1 heaped tsp. beef stock
· ½ tsp. sweet mild paprika powder
· ¼ tsp. hot paprika powder
· 70g / 2.46 oz sweet fresh peppers chopped into small cubes
· A little ground black pepper
· A little oregano
· ¼ tsp. cumin/jeera powder or ½ tsp. ground cumin seeds
· Salt to taste
· Juice of half a small lemon
· Pork fat or Sunflower oil
Serve it hot with pasta or potatoes.
Do you have a question, or a helpful suggestion or a story to share that could benefit other cooking enthusiasts? Please feel free to share it with us!
Share your recipe - You got a favorite dish? Is there a recipe that your mum or your granny always cooked for you that you remember from your childhood? Share it with the world! The 20 most popular recipes of each month will be published on a dedicated page for everybody to see.
Oct 18, 18 08:06 AM
This cauliflower soup was made in my quest to combine healthy food with a joyful taste experience.
Oct 09, 18 04:46 AM
This Chicken rogan josh recipe is prepared in the traditional Kashmiri way with lots of fragrant spices and wholesome ingredients that will combine into a super tasty meaty dish with a mouthwatering a…
Oct 03, 18 10:45 AM
This Moroccan carrot salad recipe is a explosion of tastes and packed with healthy ingredients and goodness all the way.