Hungarian goulash and pörkölt are both from the same family of dishes that have amongst their main ingredients meat (pork, beef or mutton are popular in different parts of the world), paprika,
onions and bell peppers. They are world famous and originated hundreds of years ago in Hungary. I am lucky to have 2 friends that grew up in Budapest who love good food and inspired me to explore the Hungarian cuisine.
This recipe was inspired by xXEnricoXx. The link to his German recipe is below http://www.chefkoch.de/rezepte/736011176204394/Ungarisches-Gulasch-Poerkoelt.html
· 500 g / 1.1 pounds fresh beef goulash or stewing beef)
· 1 large onion, chopped fine
· 5 cloves of garlic, chopped fine
· 1 tbs. chopped celery
· 1 handful dried Shiitake mushrooms, halved or quartered
· 120g / 4.2 oz tomato paste
· 1 heaped tsp. beef stock
· ½ tsp. sweet mild paprika powder
· ¼ tsp. hot paprika powder
· 70g / 2.46 oz sweet fresh peppers chopped into small cubes
· A little ground black pepper
· A little oregano
· ¼ tsp. cumin/jeera powder or ½ tsp. ground cumin seeds
· Salt to taste
· Juice of half a small lemon
· Pork fat or Sunflower oil
Serve it hot with pasta or potatoes.
Share your recipe - You got a favorite dish? Is there a recipe that your mum or your granny always cooked for you that you remember from your childhood? Share it with the world! The 20 most popular recipes of each month will be published on a dedicated page for everybody to see.
Feb 14, 18 05:43 AM
This mutton curry is prepared in typical indian style with fragrant spices and a tomato and onion based gravy which is blended with coconut milk
Jan 29, 18 11:01 AM
Smoked Eisbein with sauerkraut and mashed potato is a real traditional German dish that I grew up with and that has become famous in many parts of the world.
Jan 25, 18 08:51 AM
This Andhra fish curry is made with a generous mix of fragrant spices and condiments. Andhra Pradesh is located on the Southeastern coast of India.