Hungarian goulash and pörkölt are both from the same family of dishes that have amongst their main ingredients meat (pork,
beef or mutton are popular in different parts of the world), paprika,
onions and bell peppers. They are world famous and originated hundreds of years ago in Hungary. I am lucky to have 2 friends that grew up in Budapest who love good food and inspired me to explore the Hungarian cuisine.
This recipe was inspired by xXEnricoXx. The link to his German recipe is here
· 500 g / 1.1 pounds fresh beef goulash or stewing beef)
· 1 large onion, chopped fine
· 5 cloves of garlic, chopped fine
· 1 tbs. chopped celery
· 1 handful dried Shiitake mushrooms, halved or quartered
· 120g / 4.2 oz tomato paste
· 1 heaped tsp. beef stock
· ½ tsp. sweet mild paprika powder
· ¼ tsp. hot paprika powder
· 70g / 2.46 oz sweet fresh peppers chopped into small cubes
· A little ground black pepper
· A little oregano
· ¼ tsp. cumin/jeera powder or ½ tsp. ground cumin seeds
· Salt to taste
· Juice of half a small lemon
· Pork fat or Sunflower oil
Serve it hot with pasta or potatoes.
Do you have a question, or a helpful suggestion or a story to share that could benefit other cooking enthusiasts? Please feel free to share it with us!
Share your recipe - You got a favorite dish? Is there a recipe that your mum or your granny always cooked for you that you remember from your childhood? Share it with the world! The 20 most popular recipes of each month will be published on a dedicated page for everybody to see.
Nov 24, 18 02:00 AM
This "Pizza Africana" recipe is a beautiful combination of my favorite pizza dough and sauce combined with a bunch of traditional African ingredients like okra, biltong and Southafrican boerewors.
Nov 22, 18 10:21 AM
This Punjabi chicken curry is mostly prepared with the tradional cuisine of the Punjab region in mind. The cuisine is known for rich buttery flavours with many vegetarian and meat dishes and the use o…
Nov 12, 18 10:25 AM
venison rogan josh