Chicken enchiladas are a true favorite in our family and a good example of the richness and tastiness of the Mexican cuisine.
Presented by C&S from LOOKINGatCOOKING
Preparation time: 40 minutes
Cooking time: 75 to 90 minutes
Resting time: 0 minutes
Total time needed: 2H10minutes
- 700 gram skinless chicken breasts
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 400ml tomato puree
- 300gram fresh ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup of grated cheddar cheese
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp. coriander seeds, crushed
- 1 tsp. marjoram
- 2 tsp. Mexican spice, (If you cant get it use Portuguese chicken
- 1.5 tsp. jeera (cumin) powder
- 250ml fresh corn kernels
- 1 tsp. dry ground chili (Cayenne)
- 250ml sour cream or replace with 125ml fresh cream and 125ml
Amazi (fermented milk)
chicken enchiladas recipe
- Heat oil, spice chicken breasts with
salt, pepper and some of the Mexican spice and brown them in the pan on both
sides for about 7 to 8 minutes.
- Cut onion into slices and dice the
- Remove the chicken from the pan and
place it on a plate for a few minutes to cool down a little
- Add onions and garlic to the pan and
sauté them till they are golden brown, stir occasionally.
- Add the corn kernels and cook for one
- Tear the chicken meat into small
pieces and add it to the pan.
- Than add the tomato puree and
remaining spices except the marjoram. Mix everything well and allow it to
simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle a tablespoon of flower over
the chicken mix and gently stir it.
- Let it simmer for another 3 minutes
and than take it of the stove.
- On a working board place one tortilla
at a time and use a tablespoon to cover the surface of it with a thin layer of
- Then add about 100ml of the chicken mix onto the middle of the tortilla and fold it over, closing both ends as well.
- Place 8 tortillas in a baking form or casserole and cover them with left enchilada sauce and cheese.
- Heat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius / 356 Fahrenheit, place the baking dish in the middle rack of the oven and bake the tortillas for about 15 minutes
- After 15 minutes remove them from the oven and cover with some sour cream, tomatoes and fresh coriander leaves
Serve with steamed rice or some fresh rolls.
Return to the Home page
Try this spicy Indian Madras chicken curry
Algerian Coriander chicken recipe
Share your favorite recipes with the world!
Share your recipe - You got a favorite dish? Is there a recipe that your mum or your granny always cooked for you that you remember from your childhood? Share it with the world! The 20 most popular recipes of each month will be published on a dedicated page for everybody to see.