Baked baby leeks
Baked baby leeks is an amazing and quick vegetarian recipe of baked tender leeks, mushrooms, tomatoes, green beans. It can serve both, as a satisfying starter or main course. I came across the idea of this healthy and tasty vegetarian recipe while looking through "Annette Kesler's" book "Fresh and Healthy".
My wife loves to eat healthy and this vegetarian recipe was right up her alley way. So additional benefit of being very delicious we'll definitely let me get back to
this recipe in the future on more than one occasion. We added to the leeks a combination of some of our favorite fruit, vegetables and herbs and I am sure that there are many more tasty combinations you can come up with.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 35 minutes
Resting time: 0
Total time needed: 55 minutes
Baked baby leeks combo
- 10 baby leeks, halved lengthwise and cleaned
- 12 baby corn
- 100 gram / 3.5 ounces green beens
- 2 medium sized ripe tomatoes, sliced
- 1 medium sized onion, chopped roughly
- 3 large brown button mushrooms, slized
- 5 cloves of garlic, chopped finely
- 1 handful of fresh basil leaves
- 1 handful of fresh coriander leaves
- Zest from 1/2 lemon
- 2 tbs. of brown sugar
- 2 tbs. olive oil
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Add some olive oil to a shallow baking tray and using a brush cover the bottom of the tray with the oil
- Place the washed and halved baby leeks flat side down on the tray evenly spaced
- Add green beans, baby corn, onion slices, mushroom slices, tomato slices and chopped garlic and space all the ingredients out evenly
- Pour some olive oil over the vegetables
- Season the veggies with the sugar, salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Sprinkle roughly chopped basil and coriander leaves over the vegetables
- Cover the surface of the baking tray with tin foil
- Heat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius / 356 Fahrenheit
- Place baking tray in top half of oven and bake leeks and other vegetables for 25 minutes
- Remove the tin foil and switch from bottom heat to top heat, grill veggies for +/- 10 minutes till they start get charred a little
- Switch oven off and remove the baking tray
Serve hot with couscous or baked potatoes.
Return to the Home page
Chicken enchilada recipe
Tasty Hungarian Poerkoelt recipe
Indian Madras Chicken curry
Questions and Suggestions about Cooking and Food
Do you have a question, or a helpful suggestion or a story to share that could benefit other cooking enthusiasts? Please feel free to share it with us!
Share your favorite recipes with the world!
Share your recipe - You got a favorite dish? Is there a recipe that your mum or your granny always cooked for you that you remember from your childhood? Share it with the world! The 20 most popular recipes of each month will be published on a dedicated page for everybody to see.