Leonie's 4 berry cheese tart was a wonderful surprise at this years Christmas days celebrations at Marc and Leonies home. Both of them as well as Marc's mum Angela have been very close friends
for 20 years now and we consider them and their sons Leon, Ethan and Jaden family!
The cheese tart turned out a perfect balance of not too sweet, very creamy and exquisitely fruity. It is not baked but prepared by setting it in the fridge. The crust consists of crushed biscuits, like a trifle, and it contained blueberries, blackberries, grenadilla and cherries.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Refridgeration time: 12 hours
Decoration time: 20 minutes
Total time needed: 40 minutes plus refridgeration time
• 1 packet Tennis Biscuits (small coconut flavour biscuits)
• 1 packet ginger biscuits
• 3 tsp. gelatin
• 1 tin condensed milk
• 1 punnet cream
• 1 punnet cream cheese
• 1 cup blueberries
• 1 cup fresh cherries
• 1 cup blackberries (bramble berries)
• 1 small tin of grenadilla pulp
• 2 tsp Maizena or fine cornflour
• Crumble up the biscuits in the bottom of a large shallow dish.
• Dissolve the gelatin in ¼ cup hot water
• Blend with cream cheese, cream, condensed milk and blueberries in a large bowl
• Pour the creamy mix over the crushed biscuits and refridgerate.
• The next day, decorate the surface of the tart with blackberries (brambles) and cherries.
• Place the contents of the small tin of grenadilla pulp in a saucepan on the stove over low heat, and add the Maizena.
• When the Maizena is dissolved and the pulp is thickened, trail it over the tart and the berries.
Share your recipe - You got a favorite dish? Is there a recipe that your mum or your granny always cooked for you that you remember from your childhood? Share it with the world! The 20 most popular recipes of each month will be published on a dedicated page for everybody to see.
Jun 16, 18 11:14 AM
Today I decided to prepare a succulent Springbok goulash for us. Living in South Africa we have a great variety of game and venison meat to choose from and Springbok is always a good choice.
Jun 15, 18 12:29 PM
Check our the Top 30 recipes of 2017 of LookingatCooking. These recipes were the most popular with our visitors. So have a look if you find some inspiration for your next meal.
Jun 15, 18 10:32 AM
This Leberwurst / liver spread is made with chicken livers, chicken breast fillets onion, garlic as well as selected herbs and spices. Leberwurst is a traditional soft paste like sausage that is used…